It has been some time since I updated the Change Log for keegan.wiki. Here are updates from July 2019-August 2020.
Added link to blog post about Nixon impeachment coverage to Watergate page.
Completed update of Copyright of all pages that make up the site.
I have to do for each individual page because I’m using free editors and the update feature in the templates for Dreamweaver and other editors never really work that well.
Put site files and folders on GitHub as backup.
The Repository is private.
Added Dred Scott book chapter to Antebellum America page. Additionally, corrected mistake in CSS added missing UL tag.
Added Hitler’s Legions in America article link to World War II page. Additionally, I updated link to Stalag 17 web page in both the lesson plan and the web activity.
Background is now visible on United States vs. Burr page. There was an extra bracket on the style sheet before the body style, which kept the background from this displaying.
I have begun the construction of web pages for the unit on the 1950s. All the webpages will go in the 1950s directory.
Need to put main image in figure tag as a background so I can have 1 image size for phone and 1 image size for desktop. Check Ella Baker CSS.
(1) Updated Copyright year on all templates. (2) Added Office Icon 2018 to images folder. (3) Added 1950s unit folder to site. It contains project files except for CSS.
(1) Completed the design and layout of the 1950s index page. (2) Moved DuckandCover.css to a folder inside the 1950s directory. (3) Create a new image for viewing on mobile screens.
Completed first lecture page. Could not embed presentation because that requires people to sign in the SharePoint, which defeats the purpose of the entire website. I will use the main image from each section and link to the presentation.
Completed design and content for Politics, the Cold War, and Korea page.
Completed construction of the Politics, the Cold War, and Korea page. Moving on to Section 2 the Second Red Scare and McCarthyism. I am making just about as much progress as I expected. It seems that hyperlinks cannot be pasted as blocks of code in Visual Studio code. Each link must be individually constructed.
I have yet to figure out why the above occasionally happens. It is not consistent, which is why I have a total of three code editors on my machine.
Completed Section 2 page. Additionally, made changes to the link styles hyperlinks are now more consistent looking.
I completed all the content for all the video pages, but I still have to create the pages themselves.
I completed the content for the third section of the lecture.
Added link to lecture in the navigation menu of United States vs Burr page.
Added link to lecture to the navigation menu on the Watergate page. Completed Duck and Cover video page. Started Section 3 Consumer Culture page.
Completed Section 3 Consumer Culture page. Added two sizes of the main image for this section.
Completed Section 4 Civil Rights page. Now I have to move on to the main video page and the three other video pages that need to be completed.
Completed Point of Order page.
Duck, Cover, and Conform America in the 1950s is complete.
Added lecture link to the navigation menu of all pages.