Some time ago, I received an email from Martin Block. He operates a website called Able Rise. The site has an abundance of resources for people with physical and other disabilities. Martin requested that I add some links to my list of disability resources.
Since your site is clearly an authoritative resource for those with disabilities, you’re well aware of the importance of life planning for these individuals (well, anyone, really!). But you also know how overwhelming and confusing it can be to know where to begin. With that in mind, I’ve pulled together some really helpful information that will help people of all ages navigate this process (see below) – would you consider adding this list to one of your disability resource pages?
- Long Term Care Planning Guide – It’s important for all seniors to plan for needing long-term care, but even more so for those with disabilities. This guide is a great overview for how (and why) to make a plan.
- The Senior’s Guide To Paying For At-Home Long-Term Care: How Your Home Can Be A Great Asset – There are a lot of options for paying for long-term care (see below), but it turns out a home can be one of the most valuable and common-sense ways to do so.
- A Shopper’s Guide To Long-Term Care Insurance – Insurance is another option for paying for long-term care, and this offers just about all of the information you could ever need for understanding this financial resource.
- The Guide To Securing Life-Long Accommodations For Adult Children With Special Needs – I’ve never seen anything written on this topic in such a reader-friendly way, and this has phenomenal information.
- How To Write A Will – Key Steps To Successfully Writing Your Will – Unfortunately, I couldn’t find anything specific on how individuals with disabilities can create a will, but this article has great information that everyone should take to heart.
- What Is Burial Or Funeral Insurance For Seniors? – Fantastic information for seniors with disabilities, especially those who incur medical bills that may not be paid off at their time of passing.
- Disability Insurance Claims: Questions And Answers – For anyone who has disability insurance, making a claim can have a huge impact on their life planning and their financial resources, and this guide (from a great website) clarifies a great deal about the process.