I have been told that I shouldn’t drive my power chair in the street. It’s not something I like to do; but what am I supposed to do when the sidewalk is blocked?
In mid-March I received an email requesting that I post the following supportive links for people with disabilities. It has taken far too long for me to post them for a variety of reasons. Not the least of which was not knowing exactly where to put them.
- Disability Accommodation Cost Guides
- Thriving in Trade School with a Disability
- Discrimination And Addiction: How To Overcome Prejudice Without Relying On Drugs Or Alcohol
- Accessibility and Employment: What People with Disabilities Need to Know
- Wheelchair and Handicap Ramp Cost Guide
- Dating When Blind or Visually Impaired — From Single and Ready to Mingle to Off the Market
- Disaster Safety for People with Disabilities: What to Do When Emergency Weather Strikes
- Social skills for adolescents and adults with autism
It is difficult to receive the right kind of assistance when one does not know the questions to ask.
My thanks, and apologies to the person who made the request.
The above episode is a companion to my article Physical Disability and Independence.